As the temperature starts to increase, homeowners will begin to rely on their air conditioning system. After all, this system helps keep our home at a lower temperature, while removing humidity during the hot summer months. An AC unit that is working properly will provide you with the comfort you need when it is sweltering hot outdoors. To avoid potentially expensive air conditioner repair costs and high energy costs, you need to ensure your AC is in excellent working condition. The best way to achieve this is by scheduling an air conditioner tune-up.
- 1 How Does An Air Conditioner Tune-Up Save Me Money?
- 2 Common AC Problems That Regular Air Conditioner Maintenance Addresses
- 3 Call McAllister Energy For Superior Heating & Cooling Solutions
How Does An Air Conditioner Tune-Up Save Me Money?
Here’s a look at how an AC tune-up can save you money.
Lowers Your Power Bills
Half of the energy used in the typical American household goes to heating and cooling, according to the estimation of the US Department of Energy. While you can’t totally eliminate cooling and heating costs, you can make the expenses as manageable as possible.
A well-maintained AC unit gives you value for your money. When the lubrication has dried up, coils are dirty, filters are clogged, evaporator fins are warped, and the belts are weak, HVAC airflow is severely limited. Because of the obstructions, clean and cool air that’s meant to ventilate your house can barely flow. You can lower your energy consumption by up to 15% by replacing your air conditioner’s clogged filter, according to the US Department of Energy (DOE).
Repairing or Replacing Your Air Conditioner Is Much More Costly Than AC Maintenance
Just like automobiles, when even the slightest issues in your AC are left undressed, they often develop into more significant problems. An air conditioner that’s tuned up annually can serve you for up to 15 years or longer. In fact, seasonal AC maintenance costs typically fall under $200. Of course, this depends on the unit itself, how long it has been since it has been maintained, what parts may need a replacement, etc. On the other hand, the cost of installing a new AC unit ranges anywhere from $3,000 and more. Additionally, the cost of air conditioner repair can cost less than an air conditioner replacement but far more than a tune-up service. The option that saves you money is obvious.
Negligence Of Air Conditioner Maintenance Can Void Your Warranty
Your AC manufacturer can deny your warranty claim due to reasons such as improper AC maintenance and neglect. This means that, even if your AC unit comes with a warranty, if it breaks down due to neglect, there is no guarantee that the warranty will cover the repair costs. To ensure that you don’t end up paying thousands of dollars in repair or replacement bills, you the receipts showing that your unit is tuned-up annually.
Maintain Healthy Air Quality
Having poor air quality in your house is not an issue you should ignore, and it is a problem that can be costly to remedy. According to the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), airborne contaminants many cause mold growth as well as certain respiratory problems such as asthma. Besides health problems, mold can cause structural damage to your home and it is relatively expensive to clear, with the average cost of mold removal can cost a few thousand dollars. AC maintenance includes the replacement of clogged air filters, which is essential if you want to improve the air quality in your indoor space. After evaluating your system, the technician may also recommend other ways of improving your air quality like installing a ventilator, a whole-home dehumidifier, or an air cleaner.
Cooling Energy-Saving Tips
As your technician undertakes the annual maintenance service, they may make certain observations and suggest minor money-saving improvements. These may include tips like getting your ducts sealed or cleaned or recommending air filters that are ideal for your system. It’s always smart to maintain a robust relationship with the company that maintains your AC as this can help you reduce energy costs throughout the year.
Common AC Problems That Regular Air Conditioner Maintenance Addresses
Per the US Department of Energy, air conditioner inefficiency and failure are largely caused by dirt and neglect. Here are the common AC issues that can be sorted through regular maintenance:
- A Refrigerant Leak Or Improper Refrigerant Charge: If the refrigerant is under-charged by just 20%, your cooling bills can double.
- Electric Control Failure: Keeping the fan controls and compressor in great shape is crucial if you’re to prevent electric control failure. Corroded wire and terminals, dirty contacts as well as loose electrical connections also increase the chances of electrical failure.
- Dirty HVAC Filter: A dirty filter hinders airflow and makes your AC overcompensate to keep your indoor space cool. Besides, with a dirty filter, dirty accumulates on essential components; this leads to an increased risk of early failure and reduced efficiency.
- Clogged Condensation Drain: As your AC extracts humidity from your indoor space, the resultant condensation is channeled out through a drain that is linked to your unit. If there is a blockage in the condensation drain, water can seep out and damage your floors and walls. A build-up in the drain can also lead to the system shutting down.
- Dirty Coils: A build-up of grime and dust on the coils reduces your AC’s cooling powers and forces it to work extra hard to keep your indoor space cool. This exacerbates wear and tear and increases your energy bills.
Typically, an AC tune-up is a great investment with excellent returns. If your system hasn’t been tuned up in a while, you should schedule maintenance today. Your system will cool better, last longer, and ultimately you’ll save money.
Call McAllister Energy For Superior Heating & Cooling Solutions
McAllister Energy offers high-quality HVAC services in Camden County, New Jersey. We hire only the best professionally certified technicians who conduct superior heating and cooling services. Some of our HVAC services include indoor air quality solutions, HVAC maintenance, heating and cooling installations, repairs, ductless systems, and much more. All our techs provide accurate HVAC services on time, every time.
Our company guarantees affordable heating and cooling service rates. Our maintenance services can increase your home’s comfort, energy efficiency, and cost-effectiveness. We can also provide you with a highly energy-efficient HVAC replacement system that fits your budget. Your satisfaction is important to us, so all our work comes with a guarantee. Book a service appointment with McAllister Energy today. We provide free, in-home estimates.