Energy Audit: Home Performance And Evaluation Service
Having an energy audit performed on your home can both minimize home utility costs while also maximizing comfort. With our home energy audit services, we will help you find the areas in your home that are using too much energy. This includes leaks due to poor insulation, drafty areas, poor ductwork, etc. Additionally, we will develop a plan to make your home more energy efficient and ultimately help you save on monthly energy expenses.
Trust McAllister Energy to help your home become more efficient and comfortable!
Home Energy Performance Test
Before taking on a major project, there’s one thing that comes before anything else, cost. You may want to improve the comfort in your home by installing a new air conditioner or heater, but if you can’t afford it then you’ll just be stuck dreaming of a better home!
Benefits of a Professional Home Energy Audit
Having a home energy audit will bring you a variety of benefits, all of which will improve the comfort and efficiency of your home. Some of these great benefits include:
- Reduced costs. Who wouldn’t want lower costs? A home energy audit can lower your monthly energy costs substantially.
- Increased home safety. We’ll be able to identify any problems in your systems and will help you prevent any future problems!
- Improved home comfort. With a home energy audit, we’ll identify any spots where your insulation is lacking or air leaks where your home is not retaining heat.
- Increased marketability. Better efficiency and insulation will increase the market values for your Pennsauken home, making it more appealing to potential buyers.
At McAllister Energy, we’ll make sure your home is comfortable and your energy systems are operating at maximum efficiency. Get ready to start enjoying lower monthly operating costs, more comfort, and systems that will last you a long time!
How to Increase Your Energy Efficiency
Home HVAC systems account for about 50% of your total home power consumption. Our energy experts will provide you with recommendations to improve the efficiency and performance of your equipment.
- Air conditioner and furnace maintenance. Annual maintenance is a very important element required to keep your heating and cooling systems performing at maximum efficiency. Old, worn out parts force your equipment to work harder to meet the energy needs of your home, which contributes to higher energy costs and may lead to a premature failure.
- Replace obsolete equipment. An old heater or air conditioner can raise monthly utility costs substantially. Replacing an old 10 SEER air conditioner with a newer 19 SEER system can save up to 48 percent in monthly costs.
- Duct leakage. Surprisingly, there weren’t any national duct construction standards until fairly recently. As a result of this, loose connections, inferior materials, and shoddy workmanship were common. Air that leaks into your attic increases the load on the HVAC system and can create a serious indoor air quality problem. We can locate any issues in your ductwork and seal the system using high-quality materials and cutting-edge techniques.
- Insulation: With use, insulation blown-in begins to settle and loses a percentage of its R-value. Low insulation levels increase the HVAC system runtime, which also raises your utility costs and will also lead to malfunctions in your equipment. We’ll thoroughly inspect your equipment and make recommendations as necessary.
When Should You Seek an Energy Audit?
Typically, everyone can benefit from having an energy audit performed on their home. But you should especially look into having an energy audit if:
- Your monthly utility bills have been increasing
- You lack appropriate amounts of insulation in your home, or you frequently feel drafts
- Your system runs too frequently, with minimal returns on comfort
- Your home isn’t comfortable enough, but you don’t need HVAC repair
McAllister Energy's Home Performance Evaluation
One of our certified technicians will come to your home and will find, diagnose, and evaluate elements of your home that contribute to your comfort and energy footprint. We’ll use advanced tools to identify things such as air leaks, hot spots, air pressure issues, and drafts. Our experts take special attention to ensure your heating and cooling systems are tested and calibrated to maximize comfort and energy usage.
At McAllister Energy, our home energy audits include a variety of services including:
- Gas and carbon monoxide test
- Air leakage evaluation
- Identify all energy saving opportunities
- Airflow diagnosis
- Test of the Infiltrometer blower door to determine duct and perimeter leakage
- Thorough equipment inspection and test
- Exterior and interior inspection to identify moisture damage
- Record insulation values for ceilings and walls
- Provide a comprehensive report detailing energy consumption deficiencies
- Develop a strategy for energy savings
- Establishing a benchmark for comparison to national averages
If you want to lower your high monthly energy costs and increase your comfort, contact the heating professionals at McAllister Energy!
Need Fast Service, Now?
Call us now for emergency fuel delivery or HVAC service.